It is snowing out… I can’t believe it! What better way to enjoy this cold day than building a fire and making homemade pigs in the blanket! These are soooo freaking good! I just ate 5 and I probably need to stop… but I can’t! You need to make these NOW. It will only take 30 minutes!! Even Rachel Ray in all her annoyingness would approve.
- Basic Brioche Dough
- Maple Flavored Sausage
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Brown sausage and drain excess fat onto a paper towel or washcloth. Clearly, I went for the cheaper or more eco-friendly (yeah, that sounds better) route.
3. Take your beautiful brioche dough out of the fridge and roll out onto a lightly floured clean work surface. I used about half of my dough.
4. Cut into triangles and roll up your little sausage links. Start at the fat end and end at the tip.
5. Put on top of your warm oven, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise for a few minutes until puffy. We are not trying to get food poisoning here though, so only a few minutes.
7. When they are ready, they should look like this.
8. Now bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown. ENJOY!!!
Best gobbled down by a blazing fire.