Tonight I whipped up something that reminded me of my days in Texas. A little bit of cumin, lime, and everything saucy. Only took about 40 minutes to make and the result…… y’all would be impressed.
Marinate the chicken for about 30 minutes in a Ziploc bag. Here’s what you need inside that bag.
- 1 lime, rolled on the counter, zested, and juiced.
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed in a garlic press.
- 1 lb. chicken tenders
- 6 shakes of Cholula hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Salt and pepper
Shake the salad dressing together in a Ball® jar. I was inspired by this Tex-Mex dressing but I mixed it up slightly.
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Heaping ¼ teaspoon cumin
- Heaping ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ cup chunky salsa
- Chopped cilantro. I failed at having this.
Grill the chicken and prep the other fixin’s for the salad.
- 3 heads of romaine lettuce, chopped, rinsed, and spun in salad spinner.
- 2 tomatoes cored, finely chopped, and generously seasoned with salt and pepper. Tomatoes and salt are BFF’s.
- 6 scallions, finely chopped.
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained.
- 1 can of corn, drained.
- Avocado, sliced and seasoned with S & P. I failed at this step too.
- Crunchy tortilla strips. I failed at this. I think I deserve a C- at grocery shopping.
After chicken rests, slice it up and put everything together! This made 3 LARGE salads that were incredibly delicious despite my horrible grocery shopping. The only thing I had leftover was beans and corn. Save those for the next stuffin’ session….