It is Friday!! If you are anything like these super blazed Grandmas, you need some homemade munchies….
MAKE THESE copycat Kashi bars.
Super delicious, impressive, and honestly wicked easy to make.
This recipe originally came from Rosie magazine 2002, not sure what that is but I know my mom is a G for pulling it. What else are those magazines at your dentist’s office for?
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick-cook)
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup each dried cranberries, finely diced apricots and raw unsalted sunflower seeds
- ½ cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/3 cup light-brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 13x9x2-in. baking pan with aluminum foil, extending foil 2 in. beyond each short side of baking pan; lightly coat foil with cooking spray. In large bowl, combine all ingredients for bars until evenly moistened and blended. Spoon granola mixture into prepared baking pan; firmly press mixture to form compact, even layer.
- Bake granola mixture for 45 minutes, turning pan 180 degrees on oven rack once, halfway through baking, or until top is golden-brown. Let bar cool in pan on wire rack.
- Carefully remove bar from baking pan by lifting ends of aluminum foil; carefully peel off foil from bottom of bar. Transfer bar to cutting board. Cut bar lengthwise into 6 long strips; cut each strip crosswise into 4 bars. Can be stored in airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.)
***I did not have sunflower seeds so I added extra pecans and Craisins. I did not have wheat germ so I substituted in wheat bran, worked just fine.***
I made a quick Confectioner’s glaze to drizzle over the top. I used Maraschino cherry juice (my Craisins were cherry flavored) and lots of Confectioner’s sugar. Liquid eats up sugar so start out by just adding drops of liquid until you get the right consistency. Also, I sprinkled on top chopped Craisins and apricots. Just in case we forget what is inside……
I found all these cranberries at the bog…. what should I make???? **decorations**